Alameda County COVID-19 Update · 30 April 2020
Highlights of the Latest for Alameda County Courthouse (updated through April 30, 2020):
- Court Filings. Effective April 30, 2020, Alameda County has expanded the documents that may be filed during the Court closure period to include Judgments that were submitted prior to March 17, 2020 and rejected.
- Access to Court Files. Copies, certified copies, and exemplifications may be purchased.
- Court Closure. The current Emergency Order expires on May 1, 2020. The Court has requested, and expects to obtain, an extension of the Emergency Orders through May 31, 2020.
- Videoconference Hearings.
- Commencing May 4, 2020, each Family Law Judge will be scheduled for a half-day court session per week to hear limited family law matters, including restraining order hearings, ongoing and review hearings filed before March 17, 2020, and emergency hearings.
- Hearings scheduled for the month of May are being reviewed by each department roughly one week before the scheduled date. The Court will contact the litigants and/or attorneys if the matter is selected for a videconference hearing and provide instructions for appearing. Do not assume all hearings will be continued and continue to monitor the online register of actions.
- The Court will use the BlueJeans platform for videoconference hearings. Details regarding the program can be found here.
The full text of the amended Emergency Local Rule 1.8a. can be found here (most recently updated as of 4/29/20).
Answers to FAQs can be found here (most recently updated as of 4/29/20).